Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Boys' Day

It was a David + Daddy day today. Shannon seized the opportunity to rest at home today and I went down to be with David from about 11:30a to 3:30p. We had a blast--a blast which mostly involved David downing a couple of bottles, me changing a couple of his diapers, and us napping.


Pops (my dad) brought me some lunch and then stayed to hang out with his son and grandson. Just three Ott men enjoying David's penthouse suite.

The neonatologist was wrapping up some stuff when I arrived. It gave me a chance to ask some questions. She indicated that, while there is a possibility that the Strep B could return, the chances of recurrence are lower because of the antibiotic treatment he's currently taking. All his numbers either continue to be strong or are getting better. He's still on pace to be home early next week.

Coming home a little earlier gave me the chance to hang out with Josh for a while. Last Friday was the last time that he and I were able to play together for more than just a few minutes. It was so good for both of us to spend some time wrestling and playing.


In other news...Gigi finished painting the mural on all four walls of Josh's big boy room today and Josh slept in there for the first time tonight! We were all excited. We'll post some pictures of his new room in the next couple of days.

1 Comments:

Blogger hodge said...

Jonny-
you are in my thoughts and prayers. let me know if there is anything i can do for you.

Jason

August 23, 2007 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home