Monday, December 26, 2005

I take it back!















After a working for a few hours today, I quickly came home to be with my two favorite people (my favorite mother-in-law, and my favorite dog...no funny jokes, those are two different people).

Josh was asleep in Shannon's arms. We got him to wake up and I started kissing him all over. At one point, I was kissing his belly and then looking at his face. I told him "I can't wait to be able to make you laugh and smile!" I quickly caught myself and took it back. I told him, "Josh, I CAN wait. I can wait because in the blink of an eye, you'll be 27 and holding your own son. I can wait. I'm just going to enjoy you right where you are and soak in every little bit about you. You'll be older before I'm want you to."

By the way, Joshua is 1 week old today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

There is nothing like taking a nap w/ a newborn!! It is so comforting and that pic is SOOOOO cute. We hope you are all 3 doing well.

December 27, 2005 4:58 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Treasure these days! I, too, couldn't wait to see Emmy roll over, sit up, crawl... I wish I knew then to just cherish each precious moment! They go by so quickly!

December 29, 2005 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home